Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Service: Week 11

It was the end of another eventful week on Strictly Mountain. But thankfully, it was a very entertaining show.

I loved Chris & Ola's Charleston. The dance totally suited their partnership. It was cheeky and fun, just like Chris & Ola. That swimming move at the end will go down in Strictly legend. A few times I've questioned if Chris should still be in the competition, but it's performances like that that remind me why he is. And deservedly so. Brilliant.

I don't think Rock n Roll favours the tall. Ricky & Natalie did not look as slick as usual. There were mistakes here and there. Anyone would think they lost some rehearsal time this week... The dance was far from Ricky & Natalie's usual standard. Ricky took his eye off the glitterball, distracted by other things. And it showed. A rare off-week.

Ali & Brian were very good. Ali doesn't do sexy very well, but cheeky and goofy seems to come naturally. In a good way. The Charleston was lots of fun. I did raise an eyebrow at that 10, but Ali did do a very good job.

Natalie & Vincent had their usual energy and enthusiasm for the Rock n Roll. Some of the lifts were a bit laboured, and I agreed with Bruno that Natalie needs to finish her moves properly. Natalie would look so much more elegant if her dancing was a bit neater. It was nice to finally hear someone (Alesha) telling her to keep her feet together. But as usual, her enthusiasm was infectious.

Laila & Anton were good this week. The Charleston was totally Anton's dance, and I can't believe he hasn't done it before. Laila's timing was a teeny weeny bit off in places, but I think it was one of their best performances. I feel that I have to mention that all Anton's wittering about not going this far is a little misguided. He actually got to the semi-final with Lesley Garrett. And they should have made the final, as they were much better than Christopher & Hanna. I admit that the show was much shorter in those days, but still. Don't fall for it, people!

The group Viennese waltz was a nice idea. Took me back to Series 1 (albeit, that one wasn't scored). It was much harder for Chris and Ricky, as they probably have no practice of leading an unchoreographed dance. In fact, I did wonder if Chris was simply dancing his Viennese waltz from last week, and was just lucky no-one got in his way. Although he did do a fleckurl which wasn't in last week's routine, so perhaps not. Ricky's performance would have been improved if someone had taught him to drop his arm in traffic. Instead he lifted it up, which didn't look right. There's not much to say about the girls, as they all managed to follow their experienced pros with no trouble at all.

I wish they'd have been clearer about the scoring for the Viennese waltz. Were the scores an average of the four judges? Or was it all up to Len?

I must admit that the right two couples were in the bottom two. All of the Charlestons were brilliant. However, I was really surprised to see Natalie & Vincent there. I expected to see Laila in their place.

It was right that Natalie should leave based on this week's dances, but I was convinced that with Jade out of the competition, Natalie could have made the final (assuming three go through). I thought she had more public support than Laila.

Hopefully, being in the bottom two will give Ricky a kick up the backside, and it proves that everyone is vulnerable.

Next week Darcey joins the judging panel. I'll be interested to see what she will bring to the panel. I expect she'll sit between Craig and Len, much to Len's relief no doubt.

Here are the videos...

Chris & Ola



Ricky & Natalie



Ali & Brian



Natalie & Vincent



Laila & Anton



Group Viennese waltz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home