Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lynda: " I Watched Myself After The Shows And Cringed"

Lyndia Bellingham enjoyed her time on Strictly Come Dancing, but says it did nothing for her body image.

The Daily Telegraph quotes an interview she gave to Yours magazine, in which she said: "I had not really taken on board how I would feel dressed in a flimsy dress in front of millions of people. I hate my upper arms. The costume designer was lovely and seduced me with long gloves and little capped sleeves, but I never forgot they were there. I watched myself after the shows and cringed... I am 61 and some of those gorgeous dancers are in their early 20s."

I think Lynda looked great. I'm a lot younger than Lynda and have the most disgusting upper arms, but you can't let these things get you down. Just love what you're doing and don't worry what other people think. Life is so much easier that way. Of course, I'm not a celebrity. But I never heard any derogatory comments about Lynda, the way she looks or her upper arms during her time on the competition. She did good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home