Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Claire And Her Ex

Claire King and her ex John Robson were both in this weekend's papers talking about the end of their relationship. It seems Strictly was the catalist, although they both believe they should neve have got engaged in the first place.

Claire gave an interview to the Daily Mail on Saturday.

"The stress of being strong enough to cope with Brendan - which often meant biting my tongue when he was far from supportive in rehearsals and watching as he quite deliberately sat and chatted with the other girls rather than spend time with me - began to have an impact on home life.

"John and Brendan met and didn't hit it off. It was presented in the Press as some sort of jealousy on John's part because Brendan's such a flirt - he certainly prefers the company of women to men. But that wasn't the case. John just felt protective of me because he could see what a tough time I was having with Brendan."

It was during this time, and all the time spent apart, that the relationship broke down.

John gave his story to The People on Sunday. His story is pretty much the same.

"I felt Brendan wasn't at all supportive to Claire. He was really stand-offish with her and I felt she took it out on me during her time on the show. She wasn't her usual self and she'd be really down, which would all impact on our time together. I now know it was probably because she was feeling so low that she said yes when I proposed.

"I had moments of jealousy about Brendan. Seeing him with his hands all over her didn't make me feel great and whenever I was around he seemed to become really tactile with her. He'd put his arm round her even though he didn't talk to her most of the time. It was like a powerplay thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home